Photo by: Rawpixel via Pixabay
Most often, the opportunity to conduct an on-site workshop is an opportunity instructors relish. While it’s a chance to learn about a specific organization and industry, it’s so much more than that.
Here are five reasons instructors love on-site workshops:
1. Instructors are given time to research the organization. They review the company’s website and any other available information such as organizational objectives, current training strategies used, and any challenges the organization might be facing. Each detail yields valuable information for the future workshop.
2. Instructors receive valuable information about the participants attending the workshop during their initial consultation call. These details will help the instructor tailor and customize a workshop to the specific participants. Knowing exactly what the participants do in their jobs, their experience level, and their level of motivation and morale, helps set the instructor up for success.
3. Instructors have an opportunity to use industry-related examples since all participants in an on-site workshop work in the same industry. Specific examples increase the relevance of the workshop material and improve buy-in from the participants.
4. Participants have the chance to showcase their work and for the instructor to see what they are doing in their day-to-day training, whether it’s analysis, design, delivery, or evaluation. With access to this information, the instructor and participants can validate existing training, guide the design and delivery of current training, and envision what future training might look like.
5. Instructors can expand their experience in a range of industries which helps increase their credibility.
The on-site workshop experience provides many opportunities and benefits for the organization, the participants, and the instructor. A well-researched, customized, and relevant on-site workshop will maximize the experience and results for everyone.
In just five easy steps, your team can experience a successful on-site program and benefit from the savings, convenience, and team development.