The Successful Training Manager
Achieving Organizational Impact
Live Online Workshops
Workshops for Your Team
For groups of 6 or more
Available in person or live online
Contact us today
Save 10% when you register a minimum of 8 weeks before the workshop. Quote EARLYBIRD10
This workshop is geared toward training managers and training directors who want to take their training department to a higher level of performance. Learn how to align your training function with the needs of your organization by providing cost-effective, first-class training. This workshop also provides numerous tools and resources to assist you in managing every aspect of the training function from needs analysis and instructional design to delivery and evaluation.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For new training managers (with or without a staff) who need to learn the basics of establishing and running a training department.
- Write a mission statement for the training function.
- Translate the organization’s strategic objectives into training department objectives.
- Establish policies to focus training activities and guide decision-making.
- Create strategic and operational training plans.
- Manage the needs analysis process.
- Select the most appropriate training strategies.
- Manage the design of training programs.
- Deal with instructional design challenges.
- Prioritize course content to meet tight deadlines.
- Manage the delivery of training programs.
- Coach trainers to higher levels of performance.
- Manage the course evaluation process.
- Develop a highly effective training team.
- 7-step process for setting the strategic direction of the training function.
- How to match your department’s mission statement to the organization’s mission statement.
- How to align training and organizational goals.
- Tips for dealing with senior management.
- A simple bottom-up approach to forecasting training needs.
- An easy-to-use course audit checklist.
- How to manage an effective needs analysis process.
- How to pinpoint a true training need.
- How to conduct a solid cost-benefit analysis.
- Guidelines for selecting the best training strategy: traditional, e-learning, or both?
- Over 40 criteria for assessing virtual platform engagement.
- Detailed worksheets to help you select an e-learning authoring tool and learning management system (LMS).
- How to deal with the biggest design challenges.
- A step-by-step procedure for estimating course design time.
- Industry-accepted design time ratios for both traditional and e-learning strategies.
- Short-cuts when deadlines are tight.
- Tips, tools, and techniques for assessing instructional design deliverables.
- How to deal with scope creep.
- 20 tips to minimize the challenges of working with subject-matter experts (SMEs).
- Tools to assess your e-learning training strategies.
- Tips for making a “build versus buy” decision.
- A comprehensive course effectiveness checklist.
- A detailed engagement validation checklist for synchronous e-learning courses.
- How to manage and develop top-notch instructional designers.
- How to record, track, and assess instructor performance.
- The most common instructor problems and how to correct them.
- A coaching action plan to deal with performance issues.
- 14 proven coaching interventions.
- Detailed feedback forms for both instructors and virtual facilitators.
- How to assess instructor burnout potential.
- How to develop your staff’s competencies.
- Tips for selecting the best designers, instructors, and virtual classroom producers.
- A realistic approach to managing the evaluation process.
- How to secure organizational support from executives and employees.
- A decision matrix for selecting data collection instruments.
- How to build your staff’s skills and confidence in evaluation techniques.
- A checklist for planning a successful evaluation.
- How to monitor your department’s effectiveness (even if you’re not a training expert).
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
- 90-day access to all recorded online sessions.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
The blended approach in this workshop combines 3 synchronous sessions with offline self-paced activities. You will spend time live, online learning how to manage all critical aspects of the training function. An optional 30-minute forum after each synchronous session will allow you to discuss the content from that day’s session, ask questions, and network and share ideas with the other training managers in your workshop. Also, 4.5 hours will be required for pre-course work, intersession assignments, and post-course work.
Most of the content relating to training needs analysis and evaluation will be covered through comprehensive asynchronous e-learning modules that will be completed as part of your intersession assignments. You’ll also receive a supplemental guide filled with valuable tools, competency assessments, and development plans to help you staff a highly effective training team.
Maximum Class Size: 15 participants (We limit class size to ensure maximum value and participation for our clients.)
- Log in to the Adobe Connect platform using the link that will be sent prior to your workshop.
- Expect an engaging, highly interactive, hands-on workshop with plenty of practice opportunities using breakout rooms, chat, polls, whiteboard annotation tools, etc.
- Review recordings of each session for up to 3 months after the workshop ends.