Consulting Skills for Trainers
Collaborative Performance Improvement
Live Online Workshops
3 days (~2.5-3 hours/day)
Save 10% when you register a minimum of 8 weeks before the workshop. Quote EARLYBIRD10
This workshop shows you how to become a catalyst for making measurable improvements within your organization. It teaches you how to thoroughly investigate employee performance and gives you the tools to determine which performance problems are training-related vs. those that are non-training related. As with any problem, there needs to be a viable solution. You’ll explore a variety of training and non-training solutions as interventions for various employee performance problems. Lastly, you’ll walk away with a structured performance improvement process, as well as critical people skills to help build your credibility as a performance consultant.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For trainers or managers who want to move beyond training solutions and help their organization improve performance.
- Build collaborative relationships in the organization.
- Manage interactions with others.
- Identify job performance needs.
- Apply active listening techniques.
- Ask performance-based questions.
- Identify required and actual job performance.
- Handle resistance and challenges from clients.
- Establish terms of reference with clients.
- Collect job performance data.
- Analyze job performance data.
- Determine the causes of performance gaps.
- Apply a range of analysis tools and techniques.
- Guide clients through a decision-making process.
- Recommend training and non-training solutions to performance needs.
- Write a report of findings and recommendations.
- Adopt the most effective role during implementation.
- Measure the results of performance solutions.
- The foundation for collaborative relationships.
- 5 easy steps for managing the consulting process.
- How to guide your clients through the performance improvement process.
- How to approach a client at the start.
- Key factors that will make you successful.
- How to handle a request for training.
- How to set clear expectations from the start.
- A proven method of understanding true performance needs.
- Key questions for identifying required and actual performance.
- How to conduct an effective discovery meeting.
- Tips for crafting questions that open up dialogue.
- Powerful performance-based questions.
- How to develop and maintain rapport.
- How to encourage the client to keep talking.
- How to paraphrase the essence of what you heard.
- Tips for acknowledging what people are feeling.
- Ways to summarize a conversation.
- The signs of discomfort or resistance.
- Guidelines for handling resistance or challenges.
- 6 methods for collecting data.
- 45 questions to ask yourself after each interaction.
- A step-by-step technique to determine the causes.
- 7 major causes of performance gaps.
- A structured worksheet to document findings.
- An easy-to-use checklist for analyzing performance.
- Where to find the evidence – over 70 sources.
- 4 participatory analysis techniques.
- How to guide the client to an appropriate course of action.
- A visual technique for identifying possible solutions.
- How to rate solutions using relevant criteria.
- Over 50 types of performance improvement solutions.
- The critical elements of a report.
- A checklist for making planning easier.
- A simple approach for setting targets and identifying outcomes.
- How to maximize your contribution by adopting the most effective role.
- How to develop a measurement plan.
- The S.C.O.R.E. approach for monitoring progress.
- How to track and report results using a performance scorecard.
- A structured worksheet to document lessons learned.
- How to broadcast and promote successes.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
This workshop combines 3 synchronous sessions with additional self-paced activities. You will spend time live, online learning how to apply a structured performance improvement process. Also, up to 3 hours will be required for pre-course work and intersession reading.
Maximum Class Size: 15 participants (We limit class size to ensure maximum value and participation for our clients.)
- Log in to our Adobe Connect platform using a standard web browser and access the audio for the workshop using a telephone and headset (or ear buds with a microphone). A toll-free teleconference number will be provided.
- Expect an engaging, highly interactive, hands-on workshop with plenty of practice opportunities using breakout rooms, chat, polls, whiteboard annotation tools, etc.
- Review recordings of each session for up to 3 months after the workshop ends.