Consulting Skills for Trainers
Collaborative Performance Improvement
Save 10% when you register a minimum of 8 weeks before the workshop. Quote EARLYBIRD10
This workshop shows you how to become a catalyst for making measurable improvements within your organization. It teaches you how to thoroughly investigate employee performance and gives you the tools to determine which performance problems are training-related vs. those that are non-training related. As with any problem, there needs to be a viable solution. You’ll explore a variety of training and non-training solutions as interventions for various employee performance problems. Lastly, you’ll walk away with a structured performance improvement process, as well as critical people skills to help build your credibility as a performance consultant.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For trainers or managers who want to move beyond training solutions and help their organization improve performance.
- Build collaborative relationships in the organization.
- Manage interactions with others.
- Identify job performance needs.
- Apply active listening techniques.
- Ask performance-based questions.
- Identify required and actual job performance.
- Handle resistance and challenges from clients.
- Establish terms of reference with clients.
- Collect job performance data.
- Analyze job performance data.
- Determine the causes of performance gaps.
- Apply a range of analysis tools and techniques.
- Guide clients through a decision-making process.
- Recommend training and non-training solutions to performance needs.
- Write a report of findings and recommendations.
- Adopt the most effective role during implementation.
- Measure the results of performance solutions.
- How to guide your clients through the performance improvement process.
- The similarities between training and performance improvement – making the case.
- How to influence others to gain credibility and secure high-level sponsorship.
- The foundation for collaborative relationships.
- 5 easy steps for managing the consulting process.
- A checklist to assess readiness.
- How to overcome obstacles to getting started.
- Tips that will help you minimize the politics of transitioning to performance improvement.
- How to handle a request for training.
- Key factors that will make you successful.
- How to get results through collaborative relationships.
- A step-by-step consulting approach that is realistic for trainers.
- How to set clear expectations from the start.
- A proven method of understanding true performance needs.
- Key questions for identifying required and actual performance.
- How to conduct an effective “discovery” meeting.
- Tips for crafting questions that open up dialogue.
- How to encourage the client to keep talking.
- Powerful performance-based questions.
- How to develop and maintain rapport.
- How to paraphrase the essence of what you heard.
- The signs of discomfort or resistance.
- Guidelines for handling resistance or challenges.
- 6 methods for collecting data.
- 45 questions to ask yourself after each interaction.
- A step-by-step technique to determine the causes.
- 7 major causes of performance gaps.
- Where to look first.
- A structured worksheet to document findings.
- An easy-to-use checklist for analyzing performance.
- Where to find the evidence – over 70 sources.
- 4 participatory analysis techniques.
- How to validate findings with the client.
- How to guide the client to an appropriate course of action.
- A visual technique for identifying possible solutions.
- How to rate solutions using relevant criteria.
- Factors that will help or hinder the implementation.
- How to address concerns from different perspectives.
- Will the solution work? Asking quintessential questions.
- Over 50 types of performance improvement solutions.
- The critical elements of a report.
- A checklist for making planning easier.
- A simple approach for setting targets and identifying outcomes.
- How to maximize your contribution by adopting the most effective role.
- How to develop a measurement plan.
- The S.C.O.R.E. approach for monitoring progress.
- How to gauge employee reaction to the solution.
- How to track and report results using a performance scorecard.
- A quick-and-easy method for conducting a debrief meeting.
- How to assess your performance as a consultant.
- A consulting services assessment form.
- A structured worksheet to document lessons learned.
- How to broadcast and promote successes.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.