Advanced Instructional Design
Developing Creative Materials
Workshops for Your Team
For groups of 6 or more
Contact us today
Save 10% when you register a minimum of 8 weeks before the workshop. Quote EARLYBIRD10
This workshop is available onsite at your preferred location, delivered by one of our Master Trainers. You may also want to look at our live online workshops or use our handy browse tool to find a workshop to meet your needs.
This workshop is intended for those who already have a good foundation in the basic principles of instructional design. You’ll spend your time designing various instructional methods using step-by-step, user-friendly templates that are proven to speed up your instructional design efforts. Each method you create will be piloted in real-time with a live audience. Make your materials relevant for learners and foolproof for instructors.
you may also be interested in...
This program offers two course options. Acquire the key skills to successfully design virtual training that is engaging and interactive and maximizes performance.
For instructional designers with at least one year of experience in design using an ISD model. Also intended for those who have attended a course in basic instructional design and wish to improve their development of methods and materials for instructors and participants.
- Implement the 6-step “Learning Strategy” into all materials to assure proper course structure.
- Match the best methods of instruction to content and learners’ needs.
- Build adult learning principles into course design.
- Design interactive lectures.
- Design discussions that build participation.
- Design behavior modeling presentations.
- Design focused and clear technical demonstrations.
- Design realistic practice exercises.
- Design performance checklists that guide learners in flawless performance.
- Design realistic simulations.
- Design peer reviews that work.
- Design role-plays using one of five variations.
- Design case studies that engage learners.
- Design games to apply content.
- Design debriefing sessions to enhance learning.
- Design feedback sessions that will help transfer skills to the job.
- Select the best format for lesson plans and leaders’ guides.
- Validate instructional methods and materials.
- How to simplify and speed up the course development process.
- The 6-step “Learning Strategy” for modular design.
- How to achieve higher levels of learner participation and interaction.
- Over 50 instructional methods and creative variations.
- How to build lively, interesting courses that increase learner motivation and maximize learning.
- How to create foolproof materials for instructors to deliver a course successfully.
- Strategies that ensure learning occurs and transfers to the job.
- How to use Langevin templates to create effective training and produce consistent results – even if you’re not an expert.
- How to create highly interactive buzz sessions.
- Neighbor discussions for 100% participation.
- 11 interactive lecture variations.
- 7 tips for designing successful discussions.
- Interactive behavior modeling designs to add interest.
- Guidelines for designing powerful technical and software demonstrations.
Application (Practice) and Feedback Methods
- 10 ways to make role-plays realistic and easy for instructors to use.
- Tips for ensuring meaningful debriefing sessions.
- 4 key debriefing questions to assess learning and transfer to the job.
- How to design interactive case studies that are realistic.
- Simulations that include real-world standards and conditions.
- Guidelines for choosing the most effective feedback methods.
- A powerful peer review approach.
- Guidelines for designing successful and fun games.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.