The Modern Classroom
Tools, Tips, and Technology
Enhance your classroom-based instructor-led courses before, during, and after training with a “buffet” of modern tools, tips, and technologies. This one-day BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workshop will provide you with an introduction to a variety of fun and engaging options including social media, microlearning, video, gamification, graphic facilitation, virtual reality, and more! Bring your smartphone or tablet and come prepared to experience a number of these interactive techniques first-hand.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For instructors, facilitators, and designers who are looking for new ideas and modern techniques to enhance traditional, classroom-based training.
- Connect with learners using social media.
- Augment learning with online and user-generated video.
- Engage participants using learning games.
- Tell a compelling story to start a session or present content.
- Use graphic facilitation to enhance your delivery.
- Leverage the use of apps to increase fun and engagement.
- Provide real-world application through simulations.
- Replicate job-like conditions with virtual and augmented reality.
- Enhance teamwork with online collaboration tools.
- Reinforce training with microlearning.
- When and how to use video before training.
- How to use your pre-course email to generate excitement for the training program.
- A simple template to help craft your pre-course email.
- 10+ sample survey questions to help gather meaningful data about learners’ experience, needs and concerns.
- How to create hype for training using social media.
- An easy-to-use tool to plan your social media strategy.
- How to leverage technology to create non-traditional icebreakers.
- 6 new tech-based icebreakers and when to use them.
- When to use video to present content.
- Valuable tips, guidelines, and cautions for creating powerful videos.
- How to create vivid stories to present content.
- Storytelling tips to help build rapport with your audience.
- A structured template to help write an attention-grabbing story.
- How to make the presentation of content more interactive using polling apps.
- New ways to use images and graphics on your flipcharts and slides.
- How to use graphic facilitation to create a visual hook for your learners.
- 10 tips for using infographics to present content in a concise and compelling manner.
- Guidelines for using games to add excitement and impact.
- How to incorporate elements of gamification to increase engagement.
- 16 engaging options to help gamify a course.
- When and how to use simulations for realistic, job-like practice.
- How to extend simulations with virtual reality.
- How to enhance practice using augmented reality.
- Tips for using smartphones and tablets to help assess individual practice.
- How to create an interactive learning experience using an online scavenger hunt.
- When and how to use online collaboration tools to facilitate in-class team work.
- 15 tips for creating challenging and fun branching scenarios.
- 3 modern review techniques to reinforce course content.
- A detailed worksheet to help you build a thrilling escape room review.
- How to use microlearning to reinforce learning back on the job.
- How to extend learning after class using online games.
- Tips and guidelines for sharing lessons learned using social media.
- Guidelines for sending relevant post-course reinforcement.
- How to curate and share valuable job-related learning resources.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.