Marketing Your Training Internally
Workshops At Your Location
This high-impact workshop guides you in creating a practical, results-oriented marketing plan to increase the visibility and credibility of your training department. Learn how to package training in the context of organizational needs and to promote the value of both your product and your department.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For training professionals who wish to increase their influence and promote training within their organization.
- Identify improvements to your training services.
- Identify potential markets for your programs and services.
- Package training in the context of organizational needs.
- Establish a continuous promotional focus.
- Design an image of training to match your product.
- Construct a marketing plan.
- Create credibility for your department.
- Successfully manage your ongoing relationship with customers.
Create a Marketing Plan
- What marketing is (and is not).
- How to link marketing to the rest of the training cycle.
- 10 problems caused by ineffective marketing.
- 4 major consequences of not marketing.
- How to identify your target market.
- 4 questions to ask when involving customers in marketing efforts.
- How to get your customers to want training.
- 4 ingredients of the marketing mix.
- Your reputation – how to create it, how to influence it.
- 8 ingredients of the marketing plan.
- How to select the “right” method of communication.
- Guidelines for creating a “headline” for your department.
- How to create a professional image for your department.
Promote the Product
- How to design effective, training-oriented promotional materials.
- 4 keys to a customer-oriented department.
- How to identify the features, benefits, and results of training.
- Sales promotion vs. personal selling.
- A 4-step model for promotion.
- Newsletters, flyers, letters, catalogs, announcements, and more!
- Dozens of tips on staying visible.
- How to attract customers through endorsements and testimonials.
- 14 parts of the “Training Message.”
- 6 ways to present your message.
- How to create awareness, interest, desire, and action.
- Personal vs. impersonal marketing.
- The best way to reach your market.
Manage the Relationship
- How to maximize management’s commitment to training.
- What trainers can learn from the sales force.
- How to get managers to act as “transfer agents” of learning.
- The inescapable link between marketing and needs analysis.
- How to increase employee commitment to training.
- 20 customer buying considerations.
- How to market training — not sell it.
- 5 strategies for maintaining relations.
- 9 techniques of interpersonal communication.
- How to manage clients’ objections.
- How to develop rapport with customers.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.