Training Needs Analysis
A Step-by-Step Procedure
Live Online Workshops
3 days (~2.5-3 hours/day)
Save 10% when you register a minimum of 8 weeks before the workshop. Quote EARLYBIRD10
This workshop gives you a faster needs analysis approach that is realistic in today’s budget-conscious corporate climate. It shows you how to apply a highly effective procedure for determining whether or not training is the appropriate solution to a job performance problem. This procedure will also help you determine which training initiatives have the most positive results for your organization in terms of return on investment (ROI). You’ll return to your job with the key skills and confidence to gain acceptance and recognition for your training recommendations to management.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For course designers, training analysts, and managers of training who have (or wish to have) input regarding both training and non-training solutions to business problems.
- Plan a needs analysis.
- Handle a request for training.
- Administer surveys.
- Conduct interviews.
- Use performance checklists to conduct tests and observations.
- Examine performance records.
- Determine causes of performance problems.
- Select training and non-training solutions to performance problems/opportunities.
- Determine cost-benefit of training.
- Write needs analysis proposal.
- A complete step-by-step needs analysis process.
- When not to do a needs analysis.
- Where to start.
- Key questions to ask at the start of every needs analysis.
- A systematic needs analysis worksheet.
- How to avoid unnecessary training.
- How to handle a request for training.
- The 6 most common data collection techniques.
- How to design effective surveys.
- Types of interviews.
- How to plan and conduct an interview.
- Guidelines for measuring and observing employee performance.
- How to choose the right source of performance records.
- A simple 5-step performance analysis approach.
- 7 major causes of performance problems.
- A highly effective checklist for isolating the cause.
- 4 techniques for confirming the cause.
- When to train (and when not to).
- Non-training solutions for non-training issues.
- How to prove that training is valuable.
- The true cost of training.
- Where to find data on the benefits of your training.
- A quick method of estimating cost-benefits.
- How to calculate the return on investment (ROI) of training.
- How to decide if training is worthwhile when benefits aren’t measured in dollars.
- Guidelines for writing a training proposal/report to management.
- How to gain acceptance for your recommendations.
- A comprehensive case study to practice the entire TNA process.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
- 90-day access to all recorded online sessions.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
The blended approach in this practical, application-based workshop combines 3 synchronous sessions with offline self-paced activities. You will spend time live, online learning the key skills to address a performance problem and applying them to three unique case studies. Up to 2 hours will also be required for pre-course work and intersession reading.
Maximum Class Size: 15 participants (We limit class size to ensure maximum value and participation for our clients.)
- Log in to our Adobe Connect platform using a standard web browser and access the audio for the workshop using a telephone and headset (or ear buds with a microphone). A toll-free teleconference number will be provided.
- Expect an engaging, highly interactive, hands-on workshop with plenty of practice opportunities using breakout rooms, chat, polls, whiteboard annotation tools, etc.
- Review recordings of each session for up to 3 months after the workshop ends.