New Trainer’s Survival Skills
Live Online Workshops
5 sessions/credits (~2.5-3 hours/day)
Exclusive Workshops for Your Team
For groups of 6 or more
Contact us today
Save 10% when you register a minimum of 8 weeks before the workshop. Quote EARLYBIRD10
This essential “how-to” workshop will give you a step-by-step process for the analysis, design, development, delivery, and evaluation of any training program. Learn the skills to handle any type of training, from traditional classroom instruction to e-learning and virtual classroom training. You’ll be able to implement training that produces true results for your organization.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For anyone who must design, develop, or deliver training. Whether your courses will be delivered in a classroom, on the job, online in a virtual environment, or through e-learning, this workshop will help you succeed. This workshop is ideal for those who are new to training and is also suitable for those who have been in the field for a few years and would like to add new best practices to their skill set.
- Conduct training needs analysis.
- Analyze learners to target training.
- List tasks to determine course scope.
- Analyze tasks to determine course content.
- Write performance-based objectives.
- Design tests and exercises.
- Select instructional methods.
- Determine course structure.
- Develop training materials.
- Validate course design.
- Prepare for delivery.
- Apply a learning strategy.
- Incorporate principles of adult learning.
- Employ effective speaking skills.
- Implement visual aids.
- Manage difficult learners.
- Assess your instructional strengths and weaknesses.
- Evaluate course effectiveness.
Note: This workshop is delivered using the Adobe Connect platform, however the content has been designed to apply to a wide variety of virtual classroom platforms.
- A complete step-by-step needs analysis process.
- 5 data collection techniques.
- The 7 factors of job performance.
- A highly effective checklist for isolating the cause of a performance gap.
- The most critical things you need to know about learners.
- How to develop performance-based content.
- How much theory/background material to include in a course.
- 8 errors to avoid in task listing.
- How to conduct a thorough task analysis (with multiple examples for different types of content).
- Tips for making course content meaningful and relevant to learners.
- How to deal with “soft” skills (e.g. customer service, management, sales, leadership, etc.).
- How to create a solid design even if you are brand new to training.
- How to write objectives quickly and easily.
- When to test learners.
- The 4 major types of tests and how to design them.
- The best testing pattern for any course.
- 50 instructional methods you can use in your courses.
- How to incorporate a variety of methods into the training.
- 12 guidelines for selecting the most appropriate methods.
- How much practice to build into a lesson.
- An easy-to-use 6-step learning strategy for structuring your courses.
- How to make your courses modular.
- The best method of sequencing course content.
- The recommended way to set up instructor lesson plans.
- 13 items to put into instructor lesson plans.
- The secret to creating “shelf-resistant” course manuals.
- How to design handouts.
- The 3 crucial items to look for when piloting a new course.
- The 3 phases of course validation.
- A versatile checklist for assessing your courses.
- How to deal with anxiety of public speaking.
- 6 ways to set up a classroom for maximum engagement.
- 16 tips for organizing your classroom.
- 7 tried-and-true techniques to start a course on the right foot.
- How to apply the 6-step learning strategy.
- 15 tips for increasing learners’ attention span.
- How to build group cohesiveness.
- Techniques for encouraging healthy competition.
- How to maximize learner application of content.
- 8 guidelines for managing instructional time efficiently.
- Selecting the best way to provide feedback to learners.
- 10 tips for meeting learners’ individual needs.
- The top 10 ways to increase learner motivation.
- How to guarantee everyone participates.
- How to make your courses fun and exciting.
- When to incorporate reviews and summaries.
- How to manage group dynamics.
- 14 proven methods to promote the transfer of new skills to the job.
- Employing effective communications skills.
- How to best implement visual aids.
- 3 levels of intervention for dealing with difficult behaviors/situations.
- How to assess your own progress as an instructor.
- The 4 levels of evaluation.
- 4 level 1 evaluation instruments.
- 3 sample evaluation forms.
- 4 level 2 evaluation instruments.
- How to measure learning.
- 6 level 3 evaluation instruments.
- How to measure improvements in job performance.
- 4 level 4 evaluation instruments.
- How to measure training’s impact on organizational results.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
- 90-day access to all recorded online sessions.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
Over the course of 5 consecutive days, you will spend time live, online learning how to create and facilitate training that is lean and performance-based. Up to 1 hour of intersession reading will also be required.
Maximum Class Size: 15 participants (We limit class size to ensure maximum value and participation for our clients.)
- Log in to the Adobe Connect platform using the link that will be sent prior to your workshop.
- Expect an engaging, highly interactive, hands-on workshop with plenty of practice opportunities using breakout rooms, chat, polls, whiteboard annotation tools, etc.
- Review recordings of each session for up to 3 months after the workshop ends.