Interactive e-Learning - NEW!
How to Engage Your Learners
Live Online Workshops
2 sessions/credits (~2.5-3 hours/day)
Exclusive Workshops for Your Team
For groups of 6 or more
Contact us today
Save 10% when you register a minimum of 8 weeks before the workshop. Quote EARLYBIRD10
This workshop teaches more advanced techniques for designing world-class e-learning. You’ll tackle the toughest asynchronous design challenges and take your online courses to the next level using interactive scenarios, software simulations, and gamification. You’ll also learn how to use the latest video techniques to augment your designs, incorporate audio to maximize learning, and increase retention using the latest techniques that target content and methods to your learners.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For designers seeking to increase the level of interaction and engagement in their asynchronous e-learning courses.
- Reduce learners’ cognitive load.
- Design active and passive frames.
- Increase retention with interactive video.
- Engage learners with audio.
- Design a software simulation.
- Design a branching scenario.
- Apply gamification techniques.
- How to simplify the content of your courses for better retention.
- Conceptual models, analogies, and metaphors you can use to facilitate learning.
- How to structure an e-learning program to increase completion rates.
- Create templates that speed up design and improve the look and feel of your courses.
- Design active and passive learning frames that engage learners.
- Create 3 types of videos that augment users’ experiences.
- 6 ways to build interaction into videos.
- How to match audio to instructional content and methods.
- 3 types of audio and how they aid learning.
- How to improve the use of narration and sound effects.
- What it takes to plan a software simulation.
- Clear steps for creating a software simulation in any authoring tool.
- Steps for testing a simulation so it runs as expected.
- How to choose from both types of branching scenarios.
- Scripting and charting a branching scenario for easy design.
- 11 steps to test a branching scenario before development.
- 6 formats you can use for gamification.
- 7 elements you can include in a gamified e-learning course.
- How to design and structure gamified lessons.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download the templates from your personal My Langevin website.
- 90-day access to all recorded online sessions.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
This workshop combines 2 synchronous sessions with additional self-paced activities. You will spend time live, online learning how to use advanced techniques to add more interactivity to your asynchronous e-learning courses. Also, 1 to 2 hours will be required for pre-course work and intersession assignments.
Maximum Class Size: 15 participants (We limit class size to ensure maximum value and participation for our clients.)
- Log in to the Adobe Connect platform using the link that will be sent prior to your workshop.
- Expect an engaging, highly interactive, hands-on workshop with plenty of practice opportunities using breakout rooms, chat, polls, whiteboard annotation tools, etc.
- Review recordings of each session for up to three months after the workshop ends.