Instructional Design for e-Learning - NEW!
Live Online Workshops
3 days (~2.5-3 hours/day)
Save 10% when you register a minimum of 8 weeks before the workshop. Quote EARLYBIRD10
This workshop will provide you with a sound instructional design process for designing performance-based asynchronous e-learning, regardless of which authoring tool you use. You’ll learn how to select presentation and application methods that will engage your learners and increase retention, which type of e-learning interaction is most effective for each method, how to use one of three storyboarding options to capture the details of your course design, and so much more!
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
For anyone who must design or evaluate e-learning, work with e-learning vendors, manage instructional designers, or make decisions about asynchronous e-learning.
- Determine project constraints.
- Plan an e-learning project.
- Determine course content.
- Write performance-based objectives.
- Determine the course structure.
- Determine practice.
- Select presentation, application, and feedback methods.
- Select media to support methods.
- Design methods and media.
- Develop the course.
- Validate the course.
- Evaluate the course.
- How to plan a successful e-learning project.
- How to determine specific design constraints affecting e-learning.
- How to estimate design time.
- A step-by-step instructional design process.
- How to target e-learning to your audience.
- How to determine course content.
- How to build job relevance into e-learning.
- How to determine whether e-learning is the right training strategy for each task.
- How to write course objectives that guarantee learner success.
- 5 sequencing methods that help determine the course structure.
- Criteria for establishing an effective implementation strategy.
- A Course Plan worksheet to help you document the high-level plans for the course.
- Criteria for additional course components that may be required for your course.
- How to design performance-based tests for e-learning.
- 12 comprehensive method description sheets for creating interactive presentation and application.
- Guidelines for creating 7 different types of quiz questions.
- How to select the most effective instructional methods for e-learning.
- How to provide tangible feedback to learners.
- How to select the best media options for each presentation and application method.
- How to select which tools/features to use with each media option.
- 3 different storyboard options to capture your design decisions.
- A detailed worksheet to help you capture all critical design details.
- Over 50 tips for applying adult learning principles to e-learning.
- Guidelines for working effectively with subject-matter experts.
- How to prevent rework by getting SME approval on design plans before development takes place.
- Essential guidelines for developing e-learning requirements.
- Tips for creating a highly functional user interface.
- Valuable tips for conducting a design prototype session.
- 3 proven techniques to test your e-learning courses.
- 30 criteria to validate your e-learning design.
- A simple form for gathering insightful feedback about the course design.
- How to evaluate the 4 outcomes of e-learning.
- 50 possible items to include in an evaluation.
- All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download the templates from your personal My Langevin website.
- 90-day access to all recorded online sessions.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
This workshop combines 3 synchronous sessions with additional self-paced activities. You will spend time live, online learning how to apply a sound instructional design process to all your e-learning projects. Also, 3 to 4 hours will be required for pre-course work and intersession assignments.
Maximum Class Size: 15 participants (We limit class size to ensure maximum value and participation for our clients.)
- Log in to our Adobe Connect platform using a standard web browser and access the audio for the workshop using a telephone and headset (or ear buds with a microphone). A toll-free teleconference number will be provided.
- Expect an engaging, highly interactive, hands-on workshop with plenty of practice opportunities using breakout rooms, chat, polls, whiteboard annotation tools, etc.
- Review recordings of each session for up to three months after the workshop ends.