- Determine course content.
- Tailor content to your target audience.
- Structure job aids.
- Structure instructional materials.
- Apply proper writing techniques to your training materials.
- Avoid common writing errors.
- Adapt your personal writing style.
What You Will Learn
- The 4 steps that build the foundation for writing.
- A simple worksheet to use when determining the content.
- How to avoid “reinventing the wheel” when determining content.
- The questions and concerns you must address in every document.
- The 5 things you need to know about your target audience.
- The 3 principles of task analysis.
- How to use task analysis as a basis for your writing.
- The 3 most common materials used to support training.
- How to structure instructionally sound training materials.
- The 4 critical questions to ask when writing training-related materials.
- The 6 key job aid formats.
- The best time to use each format.
- How to design each format.
- 19 guidelines for writing instructional material.
- A comprehensive list of everything that should be included in a lesson plan.
- How to make your training materials visually appealing.
- 22 techniques to consider when determining page layout.
- A checklist of 10 key criteria to apply to every piece of content you write.
- The 8 elements of speech you must know.
- The 6 characteristics of every sentence.
- How to write sentences that are short and simple.
- How to identify and avoid the 5 most common writing errors.
- Replace overly complicated words with short, simple alternatives.
- How to make a sentence “active.”
- Over 200 common action verbs.
- How to write directions that are clear, concise, and reader-focused.
- Transitional words to make your training materials flow smoothly.
- How to watch for misused words that can undermine your credibility.
- Major punctuation rules and how to use them.
- 5 guidelines to becoming a better speller.
- How to tailor your training materials to your target audience.
- How to polish your writing style.
- A handy checklist of 15 criteria to consider while adapting your style.
- 4 important tips to help you convey a clear, concise message.
- How to avoid redundancies and replace them with simpler alternatives.
- Common clichés and overused expressions to avoid.
- Tips and guidelines to ensure your writing is inclusive.
- Upon purchase of this kit, you will receive your personal My Langevin account that will give you access to the web-based components of the kit and all the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format.
- Stay connected with your peers by joining Langevin Learning Services’ Alumni group on LinkedIn®.