- Gather data about expected performance.
- Gather data about actual performance.
- Define the performance problem or opportunity.
- Analyze job performance.
- Determine causes of job performance problems.
- Recommend training solutions.
- Calculate cost-benefit of training.
- Write a training needs analysis (TNA) proposal.
What You Will Learn
- A complete step-by-step needs analysis process.
- When not to do a needs analysis.
- Where to start.
- Common errors to avoid.
- Key questions to ask at the start of every needs analysis.
- A systematic needs analysis worksheet.
- How to avoid unnecessary training.
- The 7 most common data collection techniques.
- How to design effective surveys.
- Types of interviews.
- How to plan and conduct an interview.
- Guidelines for measuring and observing employee performance.
- How to handle a request for training.
- A simple 5-step performance analysis approach.
- 7 major causes of performance problems.
- A highly effective checklist for isolating the cause.
- 4 effective techniques for confirming the cause.
- When to train (and when not to).
- Non-training solutions for non-training issues.
- How to prove that training is valuable.
- The true cost of training.
- The true cost of not training.
- Where to find data on the benefits of your training.
- A quick method of estimating cost-benefits.
- How to calculate the return on investment (ROI) of training.
- Guidelines for writing a training proposal/report to management.
- How to gain acceptance for your recommendations.
- Upon purchase of this course, you will receive your personal My Langevin account that will give you access to the e-learning module as well as other useful tools and resources for trainers.
- Free 1-year feedback service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
- Stay connected with your peers by joining Langevin Learning Services’ Alumni group on LinkedIn®.