- Choose the best game for your content.
- Adapt an existing game to meet your training needs.
- Design a game from scratch.
- Facilitate a game so that maximum learning takes place.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the game.
Note: The focus of this resource kit is on instructional games rather than icebreakers, energizers, and puzzles.
eBooks are not refundable – all sales are final.
What You Will Learn
- How to choose/design training games that are meaningful to adult learners.
- 10 guaranteed advantages of games.
- How to get buy-in for using games in training.
- 7-step decision guide for deciding whether to use a game.
- How to select game content.
- 10 key questions for deciding if you should use the game in your training program.
- How to determine the learning goal of the game.
- Assessing the pros and cons of custom, frame, and off-the-shelf games.
- A comprehensive worksheet to guide your assessment of existing games.
- 10 easy steps for designing effective games.
- How to adapt off-the-shelf games to suit your needs.
- How to modify frame games by loading your own content.
- How to design custom games for your specific learning needs.
- 3 time-saving checklists for taking shortcuts.
- Techniques for designing a meaningful post-game debrief.
- 6 levels of probing questions to reinforce learning.
- Over 20 tips for validating the design of your game.
- A 12-step guide to prepare yourself for flawless game delivery.
- 7 practical tips for dealing with pre-game “jitters.”
- How to introduce games to maximize learner buy-in.
- 7 techniques for selling the benefits of games to learners.
- 4 quick tips for encouraging adults to play.
- 5 methods for choosing partners or teams.
- Tips for adjusting the game structure at the last minute.
- 7 techniques for speeding up and slowing down the pace of the game.
- How to deal with disruptive participant behaviors.
- 4 techniques for evaluating the game.
- Upon purchase of this eBook, you will receive your personal My Langevin account that will give you access to all checklists, worksheets, and forms as job aids in Microsoft® Office Word template format.
- Stay connected with your peers by joining Langevin Learning Services’ Alumni group on LinkedIn®.